At Elmwood Stock Farm, we take farming seriously. There are many moving parts to our business—it is a business, not just a farm—and it takes the right people to keep those parts operating smoothly.
Prior farm experience is not a prerequisite to employment at Elmwood Stock Farm, but a willingness to learn and accept direction, to be forward thinking and communicative, and to work hard are necessary. All of our jobs call for attention to detail, plus a dedication to top-quality and safe food-production and organic-farming standards. Delivery and farmers-market positions also require a customer-service mindset and people skills. You probably already know that actual farm work is physically demanding but may be surprised to learn that even just going to farmers markets and moving boxes for deliveries requires physical work.
Before we consider you for employment, we need to know that you are willing and able to do the following:
• Work efficiently and attentively with an eye for detail, every workday, even on those days when you are not feeling all that speedy.
• Take care when handling each vegetable, bag and box to maintain Elmwood’s high quality standards. This is what keeps our customers coming back week after week and year after year.
• Work in rain and sun, heat and cold. The vegetables don’t stop growing when the weather is less than ideal, animals still need to be cared for, and our customers don’t stop buying.
• Give your best effort and be reliable.
• Enjoy your work and maintain a pleasant attitude.
If you are willing and able, we want to talk with you! While we actively recruit prior to May 1, we invite hard-working individuals who want to be part of our team to contact us any time of the year. Submit your resume and/or a completed application, along with a cover letter detailing your interest in working for Elmwood Stock Farm and the specific skills and experiences you bring to the table. If it looks like we might be a good match for each other, we’ll contact you for further conversation.
Immediate openings for the following positions:
• Hourly wage
• Home cooked mid-day meal daily
• Access to excess organic produce from the farm as available
• Discounted purchase of organic meats, eggs and value-added products