*Click here to view Elmwood’s current Springtime Specials on our online shopping cart! We’ve created seven different meat bundles to meet various needs and preferences.*
Long a producer of Black Angus breeding stock, Elmwood Stock Farm continues to sell breeding bulls to other area farms. Because the cows are bred and raised using organic standards by the Bell family at Elmwood Stock Farm, the genetics, bloodlines and background of each animal is known and available to any buyer wanting to upgrade a cattle herd. This experience and integrity in breeding is also available to customers desiring Choice grade, organic, 100-percent grass-fed beef for themselves and their families.
Purchase Our Organic, Grass-Fed Beef
Elmwood Stock Farm’s organic, grass-fed beef is available through our meat CSA, for on-farm pickup, for local delivery, for shipment in the continental US and at most farmers markets that we attend. If you have a special request for the farmers market or would like to be sure we don’t run out of a particular item before you arrive, contact us at least 48 hours before the market, and we will bring it for you. We have a few online-ordering options, and we’re working on bringing you an easier online-ordering system. (Follow us on Facebook for updates to our online ordering!)
Bulk meat purchases are available with beef bundles, quarters or halves and packages of beef and chicken, as well.
Elmwood Stock Farm Organic, Grass-Fed Beef Pricing
Beef bundles, beef quarters, beef halves, and beef and chicken bundles are also available. Read about our bulk meat options.
Prices and product availability are subject to change.
Ground Beef Options
Ground Beef … $7.50/lb.
Ground Chuck … $7.95/lb.
Ground Round … $7.95/lb.
Ground Beef Patties (4, 1/3# patties per pack) … $12.00/pk.
Beef Franks (5 per pack) … $10.00/pk.
Mild Italian Sausage (5 per pack) … $10.00/pk.
Hot Italian Sausage (5 per pack) … $10.00/pk.
Chuck Roast … $9.95/lb.
Shoulder Roast … $9.95/lb.
Rump Roast (boneless) … $8.95/lb.
Eye of Round Roast (boneless) … $7.95/lb.
Flank Steak … sold out
Skirt Steak … $13.95/lb.
Sirloin Steak (1 per pack) … $13.95/lb.
NY Strip Steak (2 per pack) … $21.80/lb.
Ribeye Steak (2 per pack) … $21.80/lb.
Filet Mignon (2 per pack) … $27.50/lb.
Brisket … $9.95/lb.
Stew Meat … $10.95/lb.
Kabob Meat … $10.95/lb.
Short Ribs … $5.95/lb.
Soup bones/Stock pack … sold out
Beef Liver … $5.50/lb.
Beef Heart … $5.50/lb.
Beef Tongue … $5.50/lb.
Beef Fat to make tallow … $4.50/lb.
Oxtail … $5.50/lb.
Purchase Elmwood Stock Farm’s organic, grass-fed beef.
Organic, Grass-Fed Beef Order Form
Please place your order for Elmwood Stock Farm’s organic, grass-fed beef by answering the following questions:
- What beef products do you want?
- How much of each product do you want? A weight range is best; for example: 2.5-3 lb. chuck roast.
- Where would you like to pick up your order? Designate a farmers market, on-farm pickup, or home delivery in Fayette or Scott County. (For home delivery, add $7 to your order total.)
- When would you like to pick up your order? Please place your order at least 48 hours ahead of time.
We will email an order confirmation to you after processing. If you do not receive this confirmation, please contact us. We will confirm every order received.
More About Elmwood Stock Farm’s Organic, Grass-Fed Beef Production
You might hear talk of grass-fed beef being overly lean. This isn’t the case with Elmwood Stock Farm’s beef, which has marbling throughout and is rated Choice in the US Department of Agriculture’s meat-grading system. We never feed grain—these cattle are carefully fed organic grass and hay that’s produced on the farm.
Elmwood Beef is Different
The 3 attributes that distinguish our beef are the following:
- We breed and raise our own cattle. The organic steers we choose for our meats are not purchased at cattle auctions or from others. We know the genetics and the background on all the meat products we sell. We only offer the best to our customers and are not pressured to bring inconsistent quality to the marketplace.
- Our cattle are raised year-round, outdoors on pasture. We don’t confine them to a feedlot, and they never, ever eat grain. Thanks to a carefully managed rotational-grazing program, we are able to offer you organic, 100% grass-fed beef that is graded Choice by the USDA meat-grading system.
- Our beef cattle are produced under a carefully planned and maintained process to meet USDA National Organic Program Standards. These standards involve our pastures, forages, healthcare, fencing and more. We had to meet the USDA organic-certification standards for three years before even receiving our certification, and we have maintained it since before 2000. An agent of USDA inspects us at least once annually, and we keep substantial records to document our practices, ensuring third-party verification of the integrity of our program.
We know of no other local product that meets all three of the attributes outlined above. The background behind our product combined with the experience and care of our production system ensures the best quality and most nutritious beef available.
From our own organic herd, we identify the cattle best suited for retail market. They are well fed with forage only—they receive no grains, ever. Our cattle are born here and are grazed through hundreds of acres of pastures for more than 400 days. We use a rotational-grazing system with portable fences that are moved often, opening up fresh pasture.
The pastures are seeded and weeds clipped, hay is mowed for winter feed, then raked, baled, and stored—all to maintain the optimum health of our livestock. It is more work for us, yet more rewarding for us all. Our soil produces top-quality forage that is well-balanced with needed minerals for the healthy growth of animals. This is the same reason that high-valued horses are raised in the Bluegrass area. Our cattle graze these pastures raised without the use of genetically modified seeds or synthetic chemical fertilizer or herbicides to develop the taste and nutritional quality of organic, grass-fed beef that we have become accustomed to.
Elmwood’s beef system is not designed to produce the greatest numbers possible, but rather produce a clean and wholesome product–great-tasting food with integrity.
Elmwood’s beef is processed under the supervision of USDA federal inspection to ensure our cleanness is maintained. A dry-aging process accentuates the full beef flavor and improves tenderness. We don’t allow injection of flavor enhancers, colored dyes or preservatives. We believe in practicing sustainable agriculture, where the forces of nature are cultured, not controlled. Our USDA certified-organic system requires no chemical additives and uses little fuel.