*Click here to view Elmwood’s meat specials on our online shopping cart! We’ve created seven different meat bundles to meet various needs and preferences.*
Elmwood Stock Farm’s certified organic, pasture-raised chicken is the result of a commitment to doing things the right way—not the fast way, nor the cheap way. Our success is measured by the taste and nutritional benefits of the chicken we offer to you, not the efficiency of the process that’s paramount in industrial poultry production. We think you’ll agree that we’ve hit our mark when you experience the best-tasting chicken you’ll find anywhere.
Purchase Our Organic, Pasture-Raised Chicken
Elmwood Stock Farm’s organic, pasture-raised chicken is available through our meat CSA, for on-farm pickup, for local delivery, for shipment in the continental US and at most farmers markets that we attend. If you have a special request for the farmers market or would like to be sure we don’t run out of a particular item before you arrive, contact us at least 48 hours before the market, and we will bring it for you. We have a few online-ordering options, and we’re working on bringing you an easier online-ordering system. (Follow us on Facebook for updates to our online ordering!)
Elmwood Stock Farm Organic, Pasture-Raised Chicken Pricing
Pricing and availability subject to change.
Cornish Game Hen … check back 5/15/19
less than 2 lb. (tiny hens) … $17.00 each
3 – 3.49 lb. … $18.50 each
3.5 – 3.99 lb. … $19.50 each
4 – 4.99 lb. … $21.00 each
more than 5 lb. … $23.00 each
Breasts, Boneless Skinless … $18.50/lb.
Breasts, Bone-In … $12.50/lb.
Thighs (4 per pack) … $9.50/lb.
Legs (4 per pack) … $8.50/lb.
Wings (12 per pack) … $6.50/lb.
Chicken-Stock-Making Pack … $3.50/lb.
Feet for Stock … $5.00/lb.
Livers … $6.00/lb.
Hearts … $ 6.00/lb.
Purchase Elmwood Stock Farm’s organic, pasture-raised chicken.
Organic, Pasture-Raised Chicken Order Form
Please place your order for Elmwood Stock Farm’s organic, pasture-raised chicken by answering the following questions:
- What chicken products do you want?
- How much of each product do you want? A weight range is best; for example: 2.00-2.5 lb. chicken thighs.
- Where would you like to pick up your order? Designate a farmers market, on-farm pickup, or home delivery in Fayette or Scott County. (For home delivery, add $7 to your order total.)
- When would you like to pick up your order? Please place your order at least 48 hours ahead of time.
We will email an order confirmation to you after processing. If you do not receive this confirmation, please contact us. We will confirm every order received.
More About Elmwood Stock Farm’s Organic, Pasture-Raised Chicken Production
There are two important attributes that distinguish Elmwood Stock Farm’s chickens from others:
1. Elmwood chickens are raised outdoors on pasture, which provides a diet enriched by forages, fresh air, adequate exercise and sunlight. “Pastured poultry” is raised the old-fashioned way, on fresh green grass or clover pastures supplemented with wholesome, organic grains, rather than in a crowded, enclosed building. Ours are housed in “chicken tractors,” which are closed up to protect against predators at night and opened during the day so the chickens can roam the pasture within an electric-net fence. The chicken tractors and fencing are moved every day so the chickens can continue to access fresh pasture and fertilize our fields.
Pasture-based animal production has recognizable human-health benefits, too, resulting in a chicken with low saturated fat and high omega-3 fatty acids. Pastured-chicken meat has significantly higher levels of vitamin A than the standard, industrially produced chickens. More information on health benefits and the science behind it is available at www.eatwild.com.
2. Elmwood Stock Farm’s chicken is certified USDA organic. We think it’s true that you are what you eat and—in this case—you are what what-you-eat eats. Don’ t confuse “farm-rasied,” “natural” and “ASH-free” chicken with USDA Organic. What’s the difference? Not only is Elmwood Stock Farm’s chicken raised “naturally”—free from any synthetic inputs, additives or stimulants—but we also follow all of the US Department of Agriculture’s National Organic Program standards for organic poultry. All of the chicken feed is certified organic, meaning it is free from antibiotics, genetically modified organisms, chemical pesticides and herbicides, and animal by-products. Our pastures, too, are certified organic, so there are no GMO seeds or synthetic chemicals applied, and we follow—and exceed—organic animal-welfare guidelines. Our organic certification means a third party has verified that we’re following all the standards.