The farmers at Elmwood Stock Farm—Mac Stone and John Bell—have been involved in local food, organic farming, and farm and food policy for decades. This is their passion and their profession, and they’re often invited to share their wit and wisdom about various food and farm topics at meetings and conferences throughout Kentucky and across the country. Everyone is busy at work on the farm, but it is important to us that we take the messages of wholesome, organic food and ecologically sound food production off the farm and into the community.
You may have heard our farmers speak at the Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group (SSAWG) conference, Organic Association of Kentucky (OAK), Good Foods Co-op Annual Meeting, Kentucky Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Rainbow Blossom Natural Food Markets, Kentucky Association of Environmental Education, and elsewhere in the past few years. Check our events calendar for upcoming speaking engagements and our farm-tour page to learn about topics that are important to us on the farm.
If you would like a farmer from Elmwood Stock Farm to speak to your group, please contact us at least one month ahead of your event.
Topics we can cover for your group include:
- The health and environmental benefits of organic food and pasture-raised meats
- The differences in food labels, including organic, non-GMO, natural, cage-free and others
- Sourcing local food
- Sustainable farming and gardening advice
- Organic livestock or poultry production
- Crops and Livestock Rotation: Building soil health with livestock on an organic produce farm
- Farm marketing and business
- Tricks of the Trade: Managing CSA despite drought, flood, heat and cold
- Food and farm policy